System ROMPaq Firmware Upgrade for HP ProLiant MicroServer (For USB Key-Media)
BIOS – System ROM
2013.10.01 (A) (15 Nov 2013)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server (x86-64), Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server (x86), Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Small Business, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Foundation Edition, Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2011 Standard and Essentials, Microsoft Windows Server 2012, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Essentials, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
SP64420.exe (2.6 MB)
This SoftPaq version will execute the “kbd” utility to upgrade the system bios due to a bootblock change.
HP ProLiant MicroServer System ROM – O41
Last Recommended or Critical Revision:
Addressed an issue where Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 may stop responding while booting the operating system.
1. Obtain a formatted USB Key media.
2. Download the SoftPaq to a directory on a system running Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Microsoft Windows Server 2008, or Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 and change to that directory.
3. From that drive and directory, execute the downloaded SoftPaq file: Simply double click on the SPxxxxx.exe file and follow the installation wizard to complete the SoftPaq installation process. At the end of a successful installation of the SoftPaq a web page will automatically appear to provide you with the different methods for restoring and/or upgrading the firmware on the system.
4. After the USB Key is created, you may delete the downloaded file if you wish.
5. Insert this USB Key into the USB Key port of the system to be updated and power the system on to boot to the USB Key.